Welcome to Mass Auto Appraisals
Proud Member of The I-VAN Network
Serving All of New England
With over 10 years in the auto industry and 5 years in the accounting industry, appraising automobiles just comes naturally. As a member of the International Vehicle Appraisers Network (I-VAN) and a Certified Appraiser of Antique, Classic, and Special Interest automobiles, trucks and motorcycles (including street rods and modifieds) I can help you document your vehicles Fair Market Value and all the notable points of interest with a certified vehicle appraisal.
How Much Does it Cost?
My fees start at $200 for a basic level appraisal. Mileage charges may apply for appraisals outside the local Boston area for $.50 per mile. This is just to cover the fuel and tolls. For research intense appraisals, such as matching numbers and rare vehicle authentication the fee will increase on an hourly basis. Pre Purchase Appraisals are case by case and do not involved mechanical inspections, simply the condition and value.
What do I get?
The appraisal is prepared as a 3-6 page document with color photos and in most cases I will include a free online media link to all my photos. The vehicles are graded on a scale of 1-6 as a whole and in four categories; Interior, Exterior, Underside/Chassis and Engine. Each category has a detailed write up and a valuation section. These appraisals are stamped with a raised seal bearing my license number and the state seal.
How are you qualified?
I have been licensed by the state of Massachusetts Since 2010 to appraise both antique automobiles as well as collision damaged vehicles. I have been issued a raised seal that bear’s my license number, this is stamped on all appraisal hard copies and accepted by the insurance companies. I have also undergone a comprehensive training program through I-VAN and the AACA Judges program.
Why Have Your Vehicle Appraised?
1) Insurance: Protect your investment of Time and Money.
1) Selling: An appraisal can be a tremendous help when selling a collector vehicle.
2) Collateral: The value of your collector vehicle helps to increase your “net worth”.
3) Donation/Gift: The IRS requires an appraisal for any substantial gift to a charity or eligible museum, etc.
4) Estate: Our appraisal helps prevent your heirs from being “ripped off” when they try to sell your vehicles.
5) Divorce: Yes, the “D word”. Don’t ever let a court or some attorney determine what your vehicle is worth.
6) Pre Purchase Appraisal: Not to be confused with a PPI, A pre-purchase appraisal could protect you against overpaying for a vehicle.
7) Claim Settlement: If you’re arguing with an insurance company over the value of your vehicle after a loss then an appraisal NOW can be a big help
8) Fraud: Our appraisal can help build your case.
9) Substandard restoration: Did you pay for a prize winning restoration only to find out that the only prize you will win is the “booby prize”?
More about I-VAN
I began with the wonderful network of I-VAN, started by Jeff Locke and his wife Pat from Virginia. Their passion for not only antiques, but the whole appraisal industry is what inspired me to get this going. I have been appraising cars locally in the Massachusetts and southern New England since 2010. Since then I have appraised over 200 Classic cars and I hope to double that number by 2016. Read more about the I-VAN network below.
The International Vehicle Appraiser Network (I-VAN) is a nationwide association of over 50 automotive hobbyists who are also experienced appraisers of Antique, Classic, Special Interest Vehicles, Street Rods & Customs. Each of our Appraisers are required to be AACA National Judges and have advanced training school and field training assignments before certification. The average I-VAN has been performing appraisals for over 15 years and our appraisals are used in publications such as “Old Car Price Guide” and other national vehicle valuation guides. Our Appraisers perform all of the appraisals themselves as opposed to simply collecting information and sending it to a corporate office for a blind appraisal.
At I-VAN we understand collectible vehicles, the hobby, and the marketplace. We’re active in the hobby and we own the types of cars, trucks, and motorcycles that we appraise.
For more information about I-VAN please visit: www.i-van.org
Our passion for the automobile, the stories they tell and the preservation of automotive history is what develops our accurate and well researched appraisals. I offer valuation appraisals for antique and modern automobiles by service call. I am located just south of Boston and serve all of Massachusetts including the North Shore, South Shore, Metro West, South Coast, Western Mass and the southern portions of VT, NH and ME. I am based in Norwell but serve all of the Boston, Quincy, Weymouth, Framingham, Braintree, Brockton, Cambridge, Waltham, Lawrence, Lowell, Fitchburg, Worcester, Sprinfield just to name a few. Call today for your classic car appraisals in Mass.